Welcome to GiClan Forums

Welcome to GiClan's Offical Forums!
Donate
Latest News
  • GiClan's Forums theme has been updated as of 8/7/2017
tacooo

Ranking system, etc...

It's been a while since I've suggested stuff for Drun but I'll get to the bottom of things.

Game Tracker

Can we get gametracker back, it used to be a thing yet it's just gone now, and there is no way to track people's progress. It be really helpful to have this a thing again though if there's a reason we don't have it I understand, I'd just really like to have this back.

(What's page 2)

Ranking System

Please, I'm sure most people would love a ranking system on deathrun (something like MG's). Without a ranking system we don't have /statsme and we loose a degree of competitiveness. Deathrun gets boring after awhile so a goal like getting to the top of the leader boards would be a nice thing to have on the side.

Better Connection

This is actually a problem for most servers. Just today since I joined deathrun, the server has lagged and almost crashed 3 times, so I don't know what's really up with that (it's not just me, this happened to everyone on at the time).

Edited by tacooo (see edit history)

Are you referencing the !active command on the server from before, because gametracker is a website not affiliated with GiClan.

@GiClan | Dennis No, what I meant was that Deathrun just isn't up on gametracker anymore whilst the other servers are.

@tacooo 'cuse me? https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.91.121.214:27015/ you should search better all the servers are on game tracker

Edited by Shawn (see edit history)

3 hours ago, tacooo said:

Better Bandwidth

This is actually a problem for most servers. Just today since I joined deathrun, the server has lagged and almost crashed 3 times, so I don't know what's really up with that. Valve, please fix.

It has nothing to do with the bandwidth of the server.

12 hours ago, tacooo said:

Ranking System

Please, I'm sure most people would love a ranking system on deathrun (something like MG's). Without a ranking system we don't have /statsme and we loose a degree of competitiveness. Deathrun gets boring after awhile so a goal like getting to the top of the leader boards would be a nice thing to have on the side.

I agree with this, a ranking system would make Deathrun way more fun. If we were to accompany this with a leader board similar to Combat's !top command then that would be even better. For the past couple years Deathrun has been pretty simple, you beat the map then kill the T, needless to say if you've been playing Deathrun for around 2 years it gets quite boring repeating the same pattern over and over without any fun objective to it all. The ranking system would give people something to strive for besides just completing the map.

31 minutes ago, Frost said:

I agree with this, a ranking system would make Deathrun way more fun. If we were to accompany this with a leader board similar to Combat's !top command then that would be even better. For the past couple years Deathrun has been pretty simple, you beat the map then kill the T, needless to say if you've been playing Deathrun for around 2 years it gets quite boring repeating the same pattern over and over without any fun objective to it all. The ranking system would give people something to strive for besides just completing the map.

Chevalier had an idea about this when an admin left DR. I believe he hasn't implemented or started working on the project because he was focused on something else or he completely scrapped the whole concept of his idea.

You have to remember, we are talking about DR where a RankMe wouldn't essentially fit. Now, if we take how bhop does their ranking system, it would work better, but it would be the same as bhop, also take time to zone every map we have (I'm down to zone), and would take quite the time to make the plugin just for DR. In the end, it's a great idea, but all of us have to think of an idea and follow along with it. 

EDIT: Also, while it may not be bandwidth causing lag issues, something definitely is. It's quite annoying trying to revive that server with constant lag outs that just make the player leave. 

Edited by GiClan | Cat. (see edit history)

I still have the whole idea concept plan for the deathrun ranking system. Just i wont even think about working on it unless deathrun is back at its prime days.