Welcome to GiClan's Offical Forums!
Donate
Latest News
  • GiClan's Forums theme has been updated as of 8/7/2017
sweatyratbag

sweatyratbag's admin app

STEAM NAME: Tyler

STEAM ID or ID 64: sweatyratbag

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE GICLAN OVER ANY OTHER CLAN? : It was the first surf server I can remember joining and playing. I hit number 3 on the leaderboard on RPG surf, but I quit CSGO for a little bit and it's pretty fun to be back.

WHICH SERVER(S) DO YOU PLAY ON? (CSS or CSGO):CSGO Combat Surf, used to play RPG Surf

WHAT SERVER ARE YOU APPLYING FOR (CSS or CSGO)? : CSGO Combat Surf

DO YOU HAVE A MIC? DO YOU USE IT IN GAME? : I do have a mic and I do use it in game.

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING FOR A POSITION? :  Currently on combat surf there are a ridiculous amount of cheaters, probably because CSGO has become free. And also now that there is 0 admins on combat. Usually there isn't an admin on and it gets quite annoying to just sit there watching the cheater ruining everyone's KDs. I'm on usually on about 2 to 4 hours on weekdays after 4, which is when most people are on. I am usually on more than that on the weekends unless I am doing something that weekend. This means that I can monitor the server when the most people are on making sure that no one is ruining the game for everyone else. And let's be real I'm probably not going to be doing anything.

HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THE RULES & HOW OFTEN APPLY THEM? : I know the rules a good bit and apply them to my gameplay to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH GICLAN? (INCLUDING YOUR ALTS) :  At least a year from what I remember.

DO YOU OBLIGE TO HAVE "GICLAN |" IN YOUR NAME AT ALL TIMES? : Of course

DO YOU OBLIGE TO OBEY OUR RULES AT ALL TIMES & STAY HONEST TO YOUR MEMBERS, TEAMMATES & COUNCIL? : yessir

DO YOU ACCEPT THE FACT THAT YOU CAN BE BANNED PERMANENTLY FOR ABANDONING, MISUSING, TROLLING OR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF YOUR POWERS AT ANY TIME? : yep

Edited by sweatyratbag (see edit history)

Sadly, I mistook myself for seeing hope in Tyler becoming an admin. He's extremely two-faced, and it's dependent on whether or not I'm on. On many occasions when I've joined and hidden myself in spectator, Tyler (unsuspectingly) acts rather toxic and egocentric towards other players. Just today, he died to a rather good player (Ailey.), and claimed he "could destroy their life in 30 seconds." I don't know what exactly that elicits, but someone who reacts as immaturely as he did does not deserve a chance at admin. I regret suggesting him to apply. There are many other occasions that have occurred and that have been reported to me, but simply aren't necessary bringing up. I think this one instance is plenty of evidence, considering he made a threat towards another player, which is something an admin should never do.

Edited by GiClan | Nico (see edit history)

lolokbuddy, y'all need more admins on combat surf. Not me, just saying someone else needs to be admin. The amount of cheaters on there daily is ridiculously high, probably up to 6 or 7 a day, and its not even worth reporting them on the forums bc they will be back in 10 minutes with another account. Its not even worth reporting them to the forums bc they will be back in 10 minutes with another account. Just pointing this out, someone else needs to be admin asap

Edited by sweatyratbag (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, sweatyratbag said:

lolokbuddy, y'all need more admins on combat surf. Not me, just saying someone else needs to be admin. The amount of cheaters on there daily is ridiculously high, probably up to 6 or 7 a day, and its not even worth reporting them on the forums bc they will be back in 10 minutes with another account. Its not even worth reporting them to the forums bc they will be back in 10 minutes with another account. Just pointing this out, someone else needs to be admin asap

You're acting like what happens on GiClan doesn't happen on other community servers. It's not our fault the game is free-to-play and we consistently get flooded with cheaters exploiting this. Other servers who are just as or more populous get the same issues. Sadly, it's true that we don't have as many administrators as we'd like, but it's again not our fault that the only people who play on our servers set terrible examples of our community and drive away the mature players.

I dont play combat surf too frequently but I believe this rat should get a fair chance even if hes been toxic is a game and people (gamers) are for the most part competitive and toxic so it doesnt surprise me that you have gave a bad reputation especially with the community and nico but fairly if youre actively on and know a cheater when you see one i beleieve you can be an okay admin as long as you dont punish people for being better than you

THIS IS NOT AN UPVOTE

Edited by GiClan | Kitty ♥ (see edit history)

1 hour ago, GiClan | Nico said:

You're acting like what happens on GiClan doesn't happen on other community servers. It's not our fault the game is free-to-play and we consistently get flooded with cheaters exploiting this. Other servers who are just as or more populous get the same issues. Sadly, it's true that we don't have as many administrators as we'd like, but it's again not our fault that the only people who play on our servers set terrible examples of our community and drive away the mature players.

well i mean we could fix that by having more admins that actually play

1 hour ago, GiClan | Kitty ♥ said:

I dont play combat surf too frequently but I believe this rat should get a fair chance even if hes been toxic is a game and people (gamers) are for the most part competitive and toxic so it doesnt surprise me that you have gave a bad reputation especially with the community and nico but fairly if youre actively on and know a cheater when you see one i beleieve you can be an okay admin as long as you dont punish people for being better than you

THIS IS NOT AN UPVOTE

it was obviously a joke anyway and Ailey even told Nico it was a joke when Nico asked him about it. thanks tho, appreciate it

19 hours ago, sweatyratbag said:

well i mean we could fix that by having more admins that actually play

It’s not easy when you’re staff on both Co and Gi and balance a personal life into it. If you wanna no-life the server because I’m supposedly never on, go for it, but you don’t have my discretion regardless.

20 hours ago, GiClan | Kitty ♥ said:

THIS IS NOT AN UPVOTE

You’re going to need to rewrite this in a language I understand, buddy.

59 minutes ago, GiClan | Nico said:

It’s not easy when you’re staff on both Co and Gi and balance a personal life into it. If you wanna no-life the server because I’m supposedly never on, go for it, but you don’t have my discretion regardless.

well thats what i am saying, we need staff that are dedicated to combat surf on gi

9 minutes ago, sweatyratbag said:

well thats what i am saying, we need staff that are dedicated to combat surf on gi

I didn't know having a personal life made me an un-dedicated player, when I still get on nearly every day. You're essentially saying that we need admins who have no lives and only play on the servers 24/7. That's just straight up not healthy lol.

4 hours ago, GiClan | Nico said:

I didn't know having a personal life made me an un-dedicated player, when I still get on nearly every day. You're essentially saying that we need admins who have no lives and only play on the servers 24/7. That's just straight up not healthy lol.

Never said it was healthy, just saying we need admins who exclusively play combat. 

3 hours ago, sweatyratbag said:

Never said it was healthy, just saying we need admins who exclusively play combat. 

I guess my place has been learned: 

16 minutes ago, GiClan | Nico said:

I guess my place has been learned: 

Dang sorry to hear that man, hope i didnt cause any of that stress

Now combat has 0 admins, dire need of staff

Now that there is no staff we cant even play, about 5 cheaters within 24 hrs and we cant do anything about it

I've seen Tyler act very toxic towards others in the past, and if what Nico says is still prevalent than this shouldn't go under-looked. Even if we're in dire need of staff we still have to have basic standards. We can't allow our desperation to influence our judgement. Night recently became admin and he seems responsible enough for the time being, along with Chev making the servers prime only I think we'll do just fine for right now.

Yeah the servers have been practically haxor free since prime only. Glad he changed it to prime. I do think however we need another admin for when I'm not available. It doesn't have to be Tyler, just anyone to help me out when needed. 

(Not Upvote or Downvote BTW)

Edited by Night (see edit history)

So when can i discard this thread ecks dee re ratbag hasnt popped into the forums for over a month i doubt he still wants the position 

Edited by GiClan | Kitty ♥ (see edit history)