Welcome to GiClan Forums

Welcome to GiClan's Offical Forums!
Donate
Latest News
  • GiClan's Forums theme has been updated as of 8/7/2017
Sign in to follow this  
Abzu

RDMSlay Still Broken

Randomly, sm_rdmslay slays for more than what is selected and there's no visible pattern or reason as to why. This causes a HUGE problem, because people either assume they are being punished correctly and don't speak up, or they think the admin is abusing. This makes the already inconsistent bug hard to spot unless the person speaks out.

This bug has been going on since this topic (from forever ago) was made, just not as often. Here are some screenshots from that post:

aaaa.png.a84a61537b14ceba5d8684407aafc315.png

frost.png.10407aa58fcf75bb82f36c6d635911d9.png

Edited by Abzu (see edit history)

How is it broken, it saves rdmslays from other admins punishments.

Example. (chevalier) !rdmslay shawn 10 massrdm   [now shawn has 10 massrdms and leaves the server, which means those 10 slay rdms are stuck on him forever until he gets slayed 10 times]

[4 days past now and shawn joins back in the server with still 10 massrdms] [a admin does !rdmslay shawn 7 massrdm] then it adds that 10 + 7, so now he has 17 rdms.]

Just grasp your head around what you're trying to report... to give a dude 1 rdmslay round and the plugin "magically" set the variable to 20. Makes no sense.

@Chevalier It happens when the player does not have any slays.

Example: Sunday night, this guy gets on and RDM's once, so I type in "sm_rdmslay Hago 1 rdm" in console. The chat message said he was getting slayed for 1 round but he got slayed for 5 rounds. After about three rounds he starts saying i'm abusing because he was being slayed more than once. He then gets his friend on, and they start ghosting and eventually mass RDM and leave.

He had never been on the server before, and that was the first time he was RDM slayed.

In the first screenshot, I slayed myself for 1 round because I RDM'd. Why would I add another round if I already had 18? The same goes for the screenshot with Frost.

If @marco, @GiClan | Neeon, and @Yoblana :o could come reply to this that would be great, because this isn't made up.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

Edited by Abzu (see edit history)

I agree with Abzu, there has been multiple cases where a player is only slayed for 1-5 rounds, and they start crying to me about abusing and "why tf do I have 50 slays". I have no idea why it would be jumping up because there were NO previous slays on them @Chevalier.

Im sorry but this is just impossible, the code has been reevaluated by me and xines already and we've tested this several times with no similar outcome.

Alright, if it happens again ill bring it to your attention.

What ever changes that were made to the plugin reset the delay. You can now shoot and kill someone before being slayed.